Monday, September 6, 2010

Three years together and an Elf

Good Elf

Exactly three years ago from yesterday I confessed my huge big crush to my then co-worker Panu. Six months from that he proposed to me, and a year later we were married. Now, I don't know if it's a coincidence, but yesterday morning Panu woke up to an Elf (tonttu in Finnish) next to his bed.

Unlike Mr. Elf who lives on my vanity and takes the occasional stroll in the garden, this one was black. I believe his color to be a clear indication that the Elf has come to live in Panu's music room, where black metal reigns. Surprising - yes - but not totally unheard of. For every house needs an elf or two.

Bad Elf

The Elf looks like a gardener, but I'm not quite sure what kind of garden he tends. Maybe we'll just have to wait and see...

13 comments:

Georgianna said...

Aww, congratulations, Jutta. What a great story! Good for you for making your feeling known. :) – g

Jenni said...

Ihanaa!! Meillä se on pieni lisko, hoiva-lisko.

Jutta said...

Georgianna, thanks :) And it was difficult, believe me! I'm tremendously shy, so I had to gather all my courage to do it. But, as it turned out, my husband had similar feelings but was even more shy! :)

Saara said...

Onnea!

Blogissamme on sinulle tunnustus, jos jaksat toteuttaa :)

Hipsu said...

Voi mikä ihana tonttu!! Minäkin tahdon tuollaisen, tai siis monta tuollaista :), mutta etsyssä ovat lomalla :/

Minna said...

Onnea ja monta tonnia !

Pamela Holderman said...

Oh my yes, I have had a gnome crush lately.

Jan said...

how nice to read a great love story ... nice that you are happy ... yay altogether yay! :)

melski said...

Congratulations! cute elf!

Janine said...

How mysterious! Congratulations also, that's such a sweet story:) Have a wonderful week!

sabrina said...

Oh, that's so sweet. That sounds like me and my fiancé. He never thought I would be interested in him, but I had a HUGE crush on him. We've been together 2 years, and we're getting married next summer. <3

Happy anniversary!

Jutta said...

Heii, kiitos onnitteluista! :)

Hipsu, minäkin huomasin että ovat kiinni hetken. Jospa aukausisivat taas pikapuoliin niin saat omat tonttusi :)

Jutta said...

Thanks so much for your sweet words!

Brina, congrats on your wedding, that's so exciting! :)